Wednesday, November 01, 2006

H a p p y N o v e m e b er !
wow...what happened to August - or May for that matter?!
Not a whole lot to post, so I thought I would share my favorite picture of me and Paul (that would be my husband). It was taken in Alaska. His family owns a summer cabin (shack maybe?) in Gustavus near Juneau. Anyway...he tries to go up every year and after 9 years, Elizabeth and I went too - along with about 10 other family members who came and went during our time there. So, towards the end of the trip those of us that were still there decided to go have a fire on the beach (in between rain showers). We stopped off at some weird girls camp out in the flatland near the water. And...we took my favorite picture there.
Alaska was an awesome trip and it was the coolest thing to see my husband in "his element". He went up a week before us (for some serious man-fishing) and when he picked us up from the airport in this totally beat-up truck that he had to work to keep running, he had an orange baseball cap on (never seen that before!) and the most relaxed smile I have EVER seen on his face. I will never forget it - it was that cool.
I'll post more pictures of Alaska later, but right now my biscuits are burning....and that cute husband of mine is due home any minute for dinner. Gotta go!
Well, I guess I did have something to post.....

2 comments:

Stacie said...

great story!!! keep 'em coming!!

Maria said...

haha..thanks. I just saw how HUGE huge type is...gonna go edit that now. thanks for the encouragement, Stac!